Pillow case, continued

I got a bit more time to sew on the pillow case yesterday. I finished basting the first seems and succeeded in winding thread on the spool. I started sewing the first two seems, but I must admit that I am disappointed in the quality of my sewing machine. I don’t think the stitches look very nice. As far as I can tell , the thread tension is fine, but the stitches themselves don’t look straight, but a bit off in different directions.

pillow case 2012-03-15

This is of cause no hinder to me learning how to sew, but if I am going to be spending money on fabrics, then I would like to have the finished item look nice too.

I might find the time to continue sewing today too, but this is as far as I got yesterday:

pillow case 2012-03-15