Bound-edged apron – a finished project!

I have finished my 3rd learning-how-to-sew project, and I am happy with the result!

Last time I wrote about the apron project I had already sewn the ties, but still needed to turn them right side out and attach them to the apron.

I struggled a bit turning the first one right side out, but figured out how to to it easy with the second one…

Apron

 

Then I pressed the ties and slip-stitched the ends shut. I am amazed… slip-stitching is like performing magic – you don’t see the stitches even though you are sewing from the outside!

Apron

 

Attaching the ties was actually more difficult than I had expected. The box stitches was very difficult to make look nice, and this was my first try at doing it, so I guess I shouldn’t have expected too much, but I had hoped for a nicer box.

Apron

Apron

 

But I can’t complain about the overall finished result….

Apron

Tadaaa…….! A finished apron = yet another finished project. 🙂

 

Next project is a bag, and I am really looking forward to the challenge.

Learning how to sew – 3rd project: Bound-edged apron

My next challenge is an apron and I am going to use this fabric…

Apron

I think it’s perfect for an apron. My extra challenge with this project is to align the front pocket so the pattern match!

Today I managed to trace the pattern and cut out the fabric…

Apron

Apron

Apron

I found it a bit daunting cutting the fabric, but I think I did just fine, look….

Apron

And then there’s the pocket…

Apron

I cut from the front of the fabric to make sure I got the pattern sequence that I want.

Still a lot of sewing to do, but that will have to wait for another day and another one of the baby’s naps.