The apron project is all about learning to bind edges and apply pockets, so the apron has a nice big pocket with a bound edge plus the whole apron also has a bound edge too. To make it even more challenging, the pocket has rounded corners!
Baby girl went to sleep early yesterday, and husband was out for a work dinner, so I got my sewing kit out and started on giving the pocket a bound edge and then went on to apply it to the apron front.
I am somewhat pleased with the bound edge, but I might see if I can sew a bit closer to the edge next time. (It was a bit dark so the picture is not so good unfortunately.)
It was a bit tricky to get the corners rounded nicely, but it was a fun challenge.
Then I had to match the pattern on the pocket to the pattern on the apron front.
I think I got it matched quite well. Here is what it looks like in daylight:
I still have to take the basting stitches out, and I must admit that sewing in a consistent distance to a rounded edge is not easy. I guess I will have to practice that a lot more.
Next is to bind the whole edge of the apron. It has a curved edge too, so wish me luck!