The apron gets a pocket

The apron project is all about learning to bind edges and apply pockets, so the apron has a nice big pocket with a bound edge plus the whole apron also has a bound edge too. To make it even more challenging, the pocket has rounded corners!

Baby girl went to sleep early yesterday, and husband was out for a work dinner, so I got my sewing kit out and started on giving the pocket a bound edge and then went on to apply it to the apron front.

I am somewhat pleased with the bound edge, but I might see if I can sew a bit closer to the edge next time. (It was a bit dark so the picture is not so good unfortunately.)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nefermiw/6927328174

It was a bit tricky to get the corners rounded nicely, but it was a fun challenge.

Then I had to match the pattern on the pocket to the pattern on the apron front.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nefermiw/7073409565

I think I got it matched quite well. Here is what it looks like in daylight:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nefermiw/7073447959

I still have to take the basting stitches out, and I must admit that sewing in a consistent distance to a rounded edge is not easy. I guess I will have to practice that a lot more.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nefermiw/6927368794

Next is to bind the whole edge of the apron. It has a curved edge too, so wish me luck!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s